Saturday, October 30, 2010

day 3 details, day 4 details




day 3: in the midst of all the boring freeway driving, and stressful sydney driving, we went the wrong way and stopped at a park by the side of a busy road. Opened the door and heard bellbirds! It was nice!




then found a good caravan park at camden. Just had one thing wrong with it - the ladies had such a strong air freshener that i felt sick in there :(( couldnt even have a shower in the morning - it was so bad i had a wash in the van.




day 4; ;mittagong:


We are in Mittagong, after having a touristy day. We drove through lovely green country from Camden, then set up our van and went off in the car. First we went to the info centre, where there were beautiful spring flowers – a really lovely display. Then lunch, which we lucked into a cafĂ© which had interesting food. I had a lentil “ burger” (no bread and slightly curried) with haloumi cheese, a roast veg salad and other yummy bits, and B had a lamb pie with lots of chunky meat and a great salad as well. Then I explored “victoiria house needlework’, which had more cross stitch than I have ever seen (rooms of kits and patterns), tapestry, knitting wool, and a whole room of embroidery threads!
Next stop was Berrima, to a beautiful patchwork shop (wish you could have seen it Jackie) where I bought a few bits, then through moss vale and bowral to the mt gibralter lookout. Here we saw 6 types of wild flower within about 3 m. The whole drive was lovely and green, with beautiful trees and gardens. We hoped for tulips, but only saw big beds of tulip stalks – it was too late for the tulips!
Its been quite cool today – long pants and long sleeves, and overcast but not rainy. Its lovely not to be hot. The first few days I had some trouble with my knees and back, not helped by hardly sleeping the second night, and today I had a headache (sigh . . ). But now I’m over all that and expect to be fine for the rest of the trip.




day 5 in Gundagai


I'm not happy with my body! it doesnt like being 60 obviously. Woke up really early (6.30) this morning with bowels reacting to the lactose in some cream yesterday &/ cheese in scrambled eggs last night. Then had a number of trips to the loo, and the close one was being renovated, so had to walk to the far one,\; legs were acting up by the time i finished all that (sigh . . ). Recovered and left about 11am, and are now in Gundagai, having looked at the dog on the tuckerbox now 5 miles from Gundagai. i'm sitting in Maccas eating a mighty angus - you are right Megan, it is nice, not like most maccas burgers! A pleasant drive today, lots of green and rolling hills, many of them covered in purple flower.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Sounds like you've had a few problems! Hope it's all plain sailing from now on. We've had a lovely couple of days with Michael and Asha, but the usual dramas trying to park the caravan when we arrived home - I think we'll have to have lessons!