Message on the message bank tonight (I'd had a numb mouth from being at the dentist, and couldn't talk on the phone) - there's a couple of words I'm not sure I got right .. that's why there's a (?) in a few spots.
"Today we went to several very yummy places.
We went to the House of Ambers chocolate factory again. Had a chance to look round which we didn't last time and saw chocolates being made and a garden with heaps of trees and other plants. Had a very yummy lunch followed by icecream for Barry and a couple of chocolate truffles for Cathy.
Then went to the Ashgrove (?) cheese factory where we tasted about a dozen different sorts of cheeses and bought a couple. Also tasted some orange(?) honey and ginger honey and Bill's beetroot marmalade which was very nice, sort of chutney-ish.
Then we went to Christmas hills raspberry farm cafe where we had very yummy raspberry things, (at least C did, B reckons the seeds are too much like grits). Had a crepe with raspberries in it and raspberry sauce on it and raspberry icecream and cream with it.
Had a totally delicious day, and spent a lot of money on eating, but it was nice.
Still in Launceston, moving on tomorrow."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The House of Ambers chocolate factory sounds absolutely wonderful. If you love chocolate (and who doesn't) you could try the chocolate walk in Melbourne - http://www.chocoholictours.com.au/chocolate_tours_historical.html. It is an absolutely fantastic tour. Hum I might have to raid the house now looking for some chocolate.
It sounds like you both are having a great time. I hope we can catch up for a stamping day when you get back.
Laura
Post a Comment