Monday, August 24, 2009

Mon 24th August - made it to Wellington!

Amazingly enough we made it to Wellington by 3pm - time to lie down and have a rest for a change . .
today has been mostly flat!! Aside from a very dramatic mountain road leading from the west coast to the Hutt Valley - steep as steep again
(Tㄘㄛ That was exciting! I had a chinese keyboard for a while and couldnt get rid of it - back to english now! )
This range actually had a lookout, so we did, and took photos.

Today I thought I would tell you some miscellaneous stuff, like the value of string . . . the first day we were here we found some shortcomings in the van. So we went to a cheapie shop and bought some suction hooks and string. The suction hooks hang up to hold a teatowel, a washer, and one in the "bathroom closet" for wet stuff. The string - there is a loop for Barry's watch and glasses, a loop each to hold the hoses of our CPAP machines, and a long string on the plastic step so I can pull it in after me after I've got in the van. This all makes life easier!

How we are organized . . only one person can be moving around at a time in the van, the other must be sitting or laying down. So when we get up, I go and have a shower, and Barry packs up the CPAPs and makes the beds. Then he lies down while I make coffee and have my pills. I sit down to drink coffee, he has pills and makes his cereal. He sits down and I make my cereal. He cleans teeth and goes to toilet while I organize van for the day!
At night, I wash up and set up CPAPs while he showers. And it works, we hardly ever trip over eachother!

send us emails, comment on the blog, or on my wall on facebook, people - this is rather one sided communication . . .

3 comments:

Jan said...

Talk about being organised!!up down up down whose turn is it next?. Have you seen the forecast for the enxt couple of days???Dont tell Barry!!!
Jan

Mary S said...

I am enjoying your blog Cathy, and I know how amazing the scenery is, love those hills and all the GREEN!
It has been around 33-34 degrees here in Brisbane the last 2 days and we desperately need rain, but the forecast says fine and clear for another week yet.
hope you all had a great day today at Dianas.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Sorry Cathy, I'm reading your Blogs promise, but my life (in comparison) isn't that exciting... I work, I sleep, I work again... I bore myself!! I love hearing about your travels, please keep the info coming and I can't wait to see the photos. Love Karen.