Friday, July 6, 2012

Litchfield national park Wednesday and Thursday

Drove from Darwin and set up by lunch. Another nice shady spot :-)
Then we got in Waldens prado and headed off into the park. Saw lots of magnetic termite mounds and a giant one as well. Then further, on a 4WD track for 10.5 kms of quite rough stuff to some rock formations called the Lost City. QuiTe amazing!



The track looks better than it felt, and took over 30 mins for 10 kms. !


Thursday we went exploring separately, as Jackie and Phil were planning walks. Wangi falls was very beautiful, with this water fall and another subsidiary one falling into a beautiful clear pool. We saw two other waterfalls, and Buley rock holes,, which tempted me to swim, only I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get out. I'm way too unstable on rocks or uneven ground !




No comments: