Thursday, September 3, 2009

thursday 3rd September

Now I'm really going to confuse things, since I see Megan hasnt posted last nights text message yet. but I cant remember it very well, so I'll leave that to her and tell you about today.
First up we drove into Queenstown itself. Beautiful Lake and mountains, very touristy town with heaps of accom and shops. I like Wanaka better!
Then we drove 40+ kms along the lake, south, with the mountain we were driving on on the left, the lake on the right, and more mountains beyond that - spectacular! All these mountains capped with snow.

Eventually we left that lake, the land got flatter with more sheep, then alpine looking, and we arrived at Te Anau, with *surprise* another lake surrounded by mountains! We really like this little town, which is lucky because the road to milford sound is closed by avalanches today. So we had a peaceful walk along the beautiful lake, and now we are doing our washing, and writing email! And hoping we can get to Milford sound tomorrow.
The weather is absolutely glorious - cold air, but lovely and sunny and hardly any wind.

No comments: