Monday, August 13, 2012

Denham

We had a longer drive than usual today and we stopped off to view the stromatolites at Shark Bay, one of only two locations in the world where they are found. They are rock like formations made from limestone and single celled microbes called cyanobacteria - living rocks. Very interesting.
Barry and Cathy were leading the way on the road when an emu ran across in front of them. A great photo opportunity but none of us were quick enough with our cameras.
The wildflowers along the roadside were beautiful - a photo can't capture it.


Our campsite is right on the beach and we have a beachside site. Lovely outlook over the ocean and strong winds to go with it! This is the view of the sunset from our caravan - yes, another sunset!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Cathy Smith said...

I thought I'd missed the shot of the emu, but no, I got it!