Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kalbarri National Park

Today we drove into the national park, to see the Murchison River Gorge and also wildflowers. A lot of the drive was on an unsealed road, with small corrugations and yellow dirt/sand. It was quite a good road - we could go about 60kmh on it.


I was really pleased that I managed the walk to Natures Window. It was only about 500m each way, but had some steep parts, and a bit of narrow ledge. It was also really hot - max was supposed to be 27, but was over 30, with virtually no shade. I had a big helping hand from Barry, and lots of encouragement from Jackie. Here's one view from this walk, see Facebook for more soon.


We did another very short walk as well.


It was quite spectacular, as you can see!
We took lots of wildflower pics - they'll be on FB too.

No comments: